Monkajaro v.1.1 is a 64 bit arch linux based operating system for Raspberry Pi 4 that includes a host of preinstalled retro gaming emulators and other software, see below for a partial list of features.
The image is 8.9 GB in size and is in .img format (gz compressed). After downloading and extracting, the .img file can be written to a micro sd or drive with Etcher, Win32DiskImager, Raspberry Pi Imager etc…
Download from Google Drive:
The default login/ftp/ssh/etc for this image is; User: pi Password: root
Monkajaro v.1.1 for Raspberry Pi 4 by monkaBlyat
Partial Feature List:
- Preinstalled Manjaro Desktop – Bluetooth, Wifi and Sound Working
- Manjaro 20 (64 Bit) used as a base (arch linux) with latest updates
- GParted (Partitioning tool – please use to expand your partition after imaging)
- Overclocked to 2 GHZ by default (Can be modified in config.txt)
- Mesa 20.02 Graphic Library Support
- Kodi 18.6 with joypad support added (Media Playback and Streaming Suite)
- balena Etcher (sd card imaging software)
- Jdownloader 2
- Skraper UI
- Qjoypad (joypad to keyboard / mouse mapper)
- Openra (Open implementation of “Red Alert” rts game – latest version with online play option)
- Retroarch with 35 pre compiled cores for aarch 64 rpi4
- Preinstalled Stand Alone Emulators: DOSBox, Dolphin Emulator, FS-UAE Arcade (Amiga), Mednaffe (Multi System Emulator like RetroArch), MAME (Multi Arcade), ScummVM (Lucasarts Point & Click), Yabause (Saturn), PPSSPP (PSP), 3do, Amiga, AmstradPC, Atari 800 / 2600 / 5200 / 7800 / Jaguar / Lynx, Commodore 64, ChannelF, Coleco, Game and Watch, Gamegear, Game Boy / GBC / GBA, Genesis, Intellivision, Mastersystem, MSX, Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, NES, Neo Geo Pocket, NGPC, PC98, PCEngine, PCFX, Pokemini, Playstation 1, Residual VM, SegaCD, SG-1000, SNES, Vectrex, Videopac, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, X68000, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum.
- And More 🙂
Features added in version 1.1:
- Updated Manjaro to 20.06
- Updated Mesa to 20.2.0
- Added Chromium Armhf with Widevine Support for Netflix in a Docker Container
- Added Android Screen Mirroring
- Ubuntu-x64 chroot environment with Wine and Playonlinux (for some x86 games and apps)
- Various Fixes and Tweaks
Known Issues : Chromium settings crash, full HD Videos lag, 480p runs fine.
The pishrink fork used for shrinking the image shrank it to the max so there is 0mb left on the sdcard after you flash it. Expand the filesystem with a partition manager like Minitool Partition Wizard (Windows) or gparted (linux) prior to the first boot.
This Build is all based on many different open source projects.
Greetings to PI Labs, SBC Gaming Discord, Therexershow, Leepspvideo and ETA Prime.
Thanks as always to monkaBlyat for building the image and to the emu authors and everyone else involved in providing this software.
For feedback and support as well as general retro gaming community interaction, check out the SBCGaming Discord: https://discord.gg/ScggZc2