A 64 bit desktop operating system for Raspberry Pi 4 based on the desktopify ubuntu mate version from wimpy`s world (many thanks and greetings for that).
The image is 9.3 GB in size and is in .img format (gz compressed). After downloading and extracting, the .img file can be written to a micro sd or drive with Etcher, Win32DiskImager, Raspberry Pi Imager etc…
The default login/ftp/ssh/etc for this image is; User: pi Password: monkapie
Download from Google Drive:
Partial Feature List:
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS rpi4 aarch64
- mesa 20.2.0 with vulkan support (working on ppsspp but buggy in dolphin – wip)
- anbox (android in a box wip ) unstable – maybe some light android apks will run like calculator, file explorer, etc..
- chromium armhf in a docker container (widevine on aarm64 for netflix support), a fork of henning thiemann`s docker-chromium-armhf container on https://github.com/HenningThiemann/docker-chromium-armhf – my fork for the rpi4 can be found here: https://github.com/monkaBlyat/docker-chromium-armhf
- android screen mirroring
- kodi 18 preinstalled (media playback and streaming)
- obs studio (video capture and streaming software)
- lr-flycast has been setup for Dreamcast emulation on this build
- Retropie with many preinstalled cores running from the desktop
- Several stand alone retro game emulators
- Fixed missing emulators in some Retropie configs
- Added desktop shortcut to start Retropie
- Fixed game saving in the Dreamcast emulator
New Features Added to Monkabuntu v.1.1:
- Added box86 with wine i386 (experimental – thanks to ptitSeb !)
- Fixed usb booting (many thanks to savad81)
- Improved lr-yabause performance (Sega Saturn Emulator)
- Updated dolphin (Gamecube and Wii Emulator)
- Fixed vulkan on dolphin but has glitches (still a work in progress)
- Added 64bit wps office (user request)
- Now multiarch, which means you can install any armhf package on aarch64
- Various fixes and tweaks
Note: This build has overclock settings in config.txt. If your pi does not have adequate cooling for overclocking, or is having difficulty booting it may be necessary to modify these settings.
Retropie running on aarch64 is based of course on the great work from the offical retropie team.
You can stay posted on monkaBlyat’s latest projects by visiting his page on the SBC Gaming Website: https://monka.sbcgaming.net/
For assistance and general retro gaming discussion join the SBC Gaming Discord.