Monkajaro v.1.1 is a 64 bit arch linux based operating system for Raspberry Pi 4 that includes a host of preinstalled retro gaming emulators and other software, see below for a partial list of features.
The image is 8.9 GB in size and is in .img format (gz compressed). After downloading and extracting, the .img file can be written to a micro sd or drive with Etcher, Win32DiskImager, Raspberry Pi Imager etc…
Download from Google Drive:
The default login/ftp/ssh/etc for this image is; User: pi Password: root
Monkajaro v.1.1 for Raspberry Pi 4 by monkaBlyat
Partial Feature List:
- Preinstalled Manjaro Desktop – Bluetooth, Wifi and Sound Working
- Manjaro 20 (64 Bit) used as a base (arch linux) with latest updates
- GParted (Partitioning tool – please use to expand your partition after imaging)
- Overclocked to 2 GHZ by default (Can be modified in config.txt)
- Mesa 20.02 Graphic Library Support
- Kodi 18.6 with joypad support added (Media Playback and Streaming Suite)
- balena Etcher (sd card imaging software)
- Jdownloader 2
- Skraper UI
- Qjoypad (joypad to keyboard / mouse mapper)
- Openra (Open implementation of “Red Alert” rts game – latest version with online play option)
- Retroarch with 35 pre compiled cores for aarch 64 rpi4
- Preinstalled Stand Alone Emulators: DOSBox, Dolphin Emulator, FS-UAE Arcade (Amiga), Mednaffe (Multi System Emulator like RetroArch), MAME (Multi Arcade), ScummVM (Lucasarts Point & Click), Yabause (Saturn), PPSSPP (PSP), 3do, Amiga, AmstradPC, Atari 800 / 2600 / 5200 / 7800 / Jaguar / Lynx, Commodore 64, ChannelF, Coleco, Game and Watch, Gamegear, Game Boy / GBC / GBA, Genesis, Intellivision, Mastersystem, MSX, Nintendo 64, Neo Geo, NES, Neo Geo Pocket, NGPC, PC98, PCEngine, PCFX, Pokemini, Playstation 1, Residual VM, SegaCD, SG-1000, SNES, Vectrex, Videopac, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, X68000, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum.
- And More 🙂
Features added in version 1.1:
- Updated Manjaro to 20.06
- Updated Mesa to 20.2.0
- Added Chromium Armhf with Widevine Support for Netflix in a Docker Container
- Added Android Screen Mirroring
- Ubuntu-x64 chroot environment with Wine and Playonlinux (for some x86 games and apps)
- Various Fixes and Tweaks
Known Issues : Chromium settings crash, full HD Videos lag, 480p runs fine.
The pishrink fork used for shrinking the image shrank it to the max so there is 0mb left on the sdcard after you flash it. Expand the filesystem with a partition manager like Minitool Partition Wizard (Windows) or gparted (linux) prior to the first boot.
This Build is all based on many different open source projects.
Greetings to PI Labs, SBC Gaming Discord, Therexershow, Leepspvideo and ETA Prime.
Thanks as always to monkaBlyat for building the image and to the emu authors and everyone else involved in providing this software.
For feedback and support as well as general retro gaming community interaction, check out the SBCGaming Discord: https://discord.gg/ScggZc2
16 thoughts on “Monkajaro v1.1 Release”
Confirmed USB boot is Not working on Rpi 4 4Gb v1.1 and Rpi 4 8gb v1.4. I tried with Samsung Evo860 SSD, Crucial MX500 and Kingston A400 120Gb using Eluteng and Starmedia USB3 to SATA adapte, both using ASM1153E chipset(native UAS and Trim support). I tested it with my dell 1080p 27″ monitor and my Samsung 58″ 4k TV(has 1080p native resolution)
When I boot from USB3, I simply got a blank screen. FYI, I have latest official Rpi4 firmware from Jun 15th 2020. I flashed image using latest etcher on MAC and PC.
It does work just fine booting from MicroSD card, so far I tried with Sandisk Extreme and Extreme pro 32Gb.
Any ideas why Monkajaro v1.1 does not work?
you must remplace “root=/dev/mmcblk0p2” with “root=/dev/sda2” in the cmdline.txt in the boot partition to make it work in usb boot 😉
BTW, I did expand partition using Gparted for both, microsd cards and SSD drives.
Where is the link?
it will be convenient if you have the update as a patch update for monkajaro 20.04 instead of flashing it again to the sd card or ssd
Regarding FlameMonkabuntu 2.0, please let me know the password to access to the root directory. Password ‘monkapie’ does not work. In addition, the language pack cannot be installed, and Gparted also does not work.
I download image monkajaro v1.1 i write image in sd and i expand partition root with gparted but system not work. I have black screen. Helpme please. I have rpi4 4gg sd 64gb sandisk
Helpme please. I write monkajaro v1.1 i image in sd but system not work. I have black screen. I have rpi4 4gg sd 64gb sandisk
OKAY. already works for me. It was because the partition did not have enough space to create the desktop. After Gparted, everything perfect
How did you do the gpart? I can’t even write to SD card using Etcher.
Hi. The image fails to download onto the SD card. Says write failed. Any ideas?
So make sure you using command line, the linux archive manager seem to corrupt it
tar -xf monkajaro.1.2.img.tar.gz
Then I used etcher and it worked.
Then I got Black screen, so I resized partition to fill the sd card… aaand still black screen…soooo If I figure it out I’ll update
I replaced the config with the default and it worked, I’ll figure what about it is the trick.
initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel
It was the gpu mem, my 4gig doesn’t like going past 256.
Bro can you give us a tutorial, how to install box86 on arm manjaro? Thanks you alot in advice.